Ally Manock is the Head of Digital Strategy, Planning & Insight at Brass, a Digital Marketing agency. Ally has always had a passion for digital stats, insights and research, and has been working in digital marketing for the past 15 years. Check out Ally’s blog about social media brand statistics, infographics and useful websites to look out for.
1. In 140 characters, tell us about you:
15 yrs working on digital marketing for big brands and I am still excited by it! Digital diva, lover of the colour orange and devourer of cake.
2. If you could have a topic trend on Twitter what would it be and why?
I love Yorkshire Puddings, maybe even more than cake. I’m looking for more ways to get them into my diet.
3. What five tips can you give on being a good influencer?
- 1. Read a lot;
- 2. Listen to wise people;
- 3. Add value to those that follow you;
- 4. Don’t be an ego;
- 5. Smile
4. Who influences you most online? And why?
Paul Mallett. He’s been my boss for many many years and is a constant source of advice, wise words and intelligence.
5. How would you differentiate impact versus influence?
Impact gets your attention, it catches your eye and makes you look. Influence is softer, it’s a feather that affects an action. Whether that is a thought or a purchase.
6. When has social media helped you achieve something great?
Social media is integral to my life. It’s a big part of my work, but I’m also very active personally in social networks. I started a social network back in 1999 using Yahoo Groups (remember them?!) for a band that I liked. It quickly became their official fan club and I became great friends with the band.
Social media helps to bring you closer to the things you are interested in. It deletes distance and erases boundaries.
7. Three links you recommend highly are…
digit*ally: My blog, focusing on digital marketing insights, stats and current thinking.
Google: With this website, the world is your oyster.
8. If you were an animal, what would you be?
A magpie. Spotting fantastic things (which means that it could be a great article/stat or if it’s a beautiful dress) makes me happy.
Be sure to follow Ally Manock on Twitter to get the latest social media updates and insight on digital marketing.